Tell Us Your Story
Our "Real Stories" allow women to share their experiences with stroke. Sharing our stories helps us heal and helps us feel part of a community. Our stories help other women learn from our experience. And, they alert other women to the risks and pitfalls we faced. Tell us a little bit about yourself and your experience with stroke — as a stroke survivor, family member or friend. Write as much or as little as you'd like. Don't worry about putting your story in final form. Our "Real Stories" editor will contact you to fill in details. Below are types of questions our editor will ask to help your story come alive.
If you need inspiration, use the following questions to help you write your stroke story. If you are contacted by our Editor, she may ask you these and other questions to help bring your experience with stroke to life.
- What was your life like before you had a stroke?
- How was your health before you had a stroke?
- What happened when you had your stroke?
- When did you first find out you'd had a stroke?
- What treatment did you receive? What was rehabilitation like?
- Did you learn what caused your stroke?
- What strategies and techniques have most helped to you compensate for your stroke "deficits"?
- To what degree have you been able to return to work or to the other activities and interests that you enjoyed before your stroke?
- How have family members and friends been affected by your stroke?
- What have been your greatest frustrations?
- What have been your greatest sources of joy and satisfaction?
- What are the most important things you've learned that you'd like to share with other women?
PRIVACY NOTE: Contact information will be used only by our editor to contact you about your story. It will not be included on our web site or passed on to anyone outside The Goddess Fund.